Thursday, February 14, 2013

First Pour


For the coffee

26 Bond St Abbotsford VIC 3067


First Pour on Urbanspoon
If you're a coffee lover, you really can't go past the First Pour, the espresso bar at the HQ of Veneziano Coffee Roasters – you're pretty much guaranteed a quality cup every time. On a recent visit (yes, I go there often), I was happily tapping away on my Mac, having already consumed a deliciously smooth, single-origin long black (bad blogger: should have noted the source), when the barista places a freebie latte in front of me. 'Here you go, I'm practising for the Victorian barista comp,' she says, and goes on to explain the background of this offering – the origin, blend, tasting notes – much like a sommelier would a fine wine. Now, normally I take my coffee black, but who was I to refuse? Superlative stuff. Why yes, I will purchase a kilo bag of competition-blend beans on my way out, thank you Ms Barista!

(Oh, there's food too – an assortment of sandwiches, wraps and pastries, that type of thing. But go for the coffee. Really.)






No comments:

Post a Comment