Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Residential Kitchen – the sequel

Restitution

499–501 Lygon St, Carlton North

Residential Kitchen on Urbanspoon

I was but a burgeoning blogger when I first checked out Residential Kitchen, and I did them an injustice by not taking any photos. I made up some lame excuse about photos of pizzas not being appetising – truth is, I'd left my phone at home on the charger, and got so caught up conversing with my dinner buddy that I forgot to ask them to take photos until we'd already demolished our pizzas. So, RK, I hope that my newfound love of Instagram, and a thoroughly enjoyable second visit for lunch today, makes amends. The coffees today were superb – I actually had a long black (the latte pictured was my friend's) and, though my milk-less cup understandably lacked a photogenic frothy heart swirl (technical term), it was made with just as much tenderness, with no bitter aftertaste that you so often get with an espresso or long black. Delicious.

Whipped fetta, avocado and roasted red pepper paste on toast
Before I mushed it!

Latte love
Sweetcorn and zucchini fritter, with poached egg and a squeeze of lemon
Oozing goodness
P.S. Yes, I tried mightily to work in another Resident Evil pun, with the whole 'sequel', 'Restitution' thing... (sigh)... I know, it didn't quite work...  

No comments:

Post a Comment